Ministry of Сulture of the Russian Federation
State Museum of History of Religion
FIRST INTERNET FESTIVAL OF MUSEUM MULTIMEDIA ‘MUSEUM GEEK’
In 2014 the State Museum of History of Religion holds the first Internet Festival of museum multimedia ‘Museum Geek’. The Festival is created to support innovative computer and multimedia programs for museums. Its aim is to foreground the topic of new professional competencies of the museum community.
From 27 January until 18 May 2014 the main events of the Festival will take place on the official site of the Museum. They will include the announcement of the competition, submission of applications, demonstration of projects, which participate in the competition, public voting and discussion.
On 22-23 October the Festival will be concluded with the conference ‘Multimedia in a museum: goals, problems, realization’ in the State Museum of History of Religion (St. Petersburg).
The participants are museums. Computer programs, developed for digital museum projects, permanent and temporary exhibitions, for cultural, educational and socially oriented museum projects are accepted for the competition. The multimedia projects must be published online – this is an obligatory condition for participation. Projects on any topic are accepted.
Application period: 27 January – 18 April 2014.
The festival is held in the flowing nominations:
- digital collections
- programs for people with special needs
- multimedia for permanent collections and temporary exhibitions
- educational programs
- museum advertising and PR
Programs will be published upon submission.
The audience of the festival will take an active part in choosing winners.
The participant who receives the most votes will receive the Grand Prix of the Festival. The jury will select winners in every nomination.
Public vote: 18 April – 18 May 2014.
- M.B. Piotrovsky – Chair of the Jury, Director of the State Hermitage Museum, President of the Union of Museums of Russia, Professor of St. Petersburg State University (St. Petersburg)
- L.N. Bakajutova – Director of the A.S. Popov Central Museum of Communications (St. Petersburg)
- A. Vovk – Regional Director of Ralph Appelbaum Associates (Moscow)
- L.A. Musienko – Director of the State Museum of History of Religion (St. Petersburg)
- V.V. Opredelenov – Deputy Director on Information technologies of the State Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts (Moscow)
- M-R. Saloniemi – Director of Tampere City Museum (Tampere, Finland)
- S.D. Cherkalin – Director of the Rybinsk State Historical, Architectural and Art Museum Preserve (Rybinsk)
- M.E. Elzesser – Deputy Director on Research and Educational projects of the Tretyakov State Gallery (Moscow)
After the Festival all participants will be presented with diplomas and certificates. Winners in each category will be presented with prizes. Gran-prix of the competition (a prize) will be awarded according to the results of the public voting.
Prizes will be awarded at the award ceremony. The place and time of the ceremony will be announced at a later date.
Detailed information about the Festival, the Statutes of the competition and the application form can be found on the page of the Festival: http://gmir.ru/eng/special/festival/participate/information/
Olga Kissel – head of the department of innovative technologies
Natalya Potapenko – coordinator of the Festival
190000, St. Petersburg, Kazanskaya 9
+ +7(812)571-39-01; +7(812)315-86-85
Blog of the Festival in Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/392990740804355/